AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Flash drive formatting?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Ron..NE ILL..10/48
Posted 9/1/2010 22:07 (#1342685 - in reply to #1342461)
Subject: Re: Flash drive formatting?

Chebanse, IL.....

MX270A

You are correct! Thanks for clarification. Lucky I didn't say NTSB!

Anyway, thanks for that link. I followed those instructions & suddenly learned why the flash drives are formatted FAT32 & can't be changed....UNLESS!

Seems that when you get to the step where they suggest clicking on "Optimize for Performance", I realized the hangup. I thought I knew that we were supposed to always click on the little "Safely Remove Hardware" icon on lower RH corner, but I usually don't do it & I see others doing the same..just pulling out the flash drive when it's done blinking. BUT-if you check "Optimize for Performance", they warn you you MUST use that icon tool. So, until you change that setting, you're not allowed to reformat the flash drive. So, I checked the Optimize for Performance & found the NTFS format suddenly appear in the dropdown. I did NOT reformat. Then I arrowed back & checked the Optimize for Quick Removal button again and then found the NTFS format choice had again disappeared in the dropdown.

So, I think I see the need for FAT32 format in a flash drive, though it is slower...right? I'll just leave it as Fat32.

Thanks again for the link & info.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)