AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Compact flash card snafu
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

KevinM
Posted 7/1/2010 13:51 (#1257122 - in reply to #1256835)
Subject: Re: Compact flash card snafu

SE IL

Maybe I'm not as clear as I think I am.

When I saved the setup data to the card originally I didn't check the format of the card-didn't think I needed to as FAT is what it is supposed to be. I must assume that it was formatted correctly to begin with because I do not believe that this computer, the one I both saved setup data to the card with and tried to read the recorded data with, will read or interact any way with a RAW formatted device (unless possibly it is supposed to be formatted that way). I'm a little over my pay grade here but this is what I have deduced so far.

For some unknown reason, between saving the setup data to the card and bringing it back to this computer to read the recorded data, the format of the card has changed (or at least my computer is reading it that way). I cannot operate in  any way on this card with this computer or another that I have access to. Both are XP machines reasonably up to date.

I took the card back out to a different GS2 display and it is OK with the card-the data is still there. I shut the display down properly and removed the card thinking something may have gotten out of whack the last time I removed the card. No difference-neither computer will access the card. It says it is still in RAW format.

From my research on the subject it seems that a partition error has occurred-whatever that means. Unless someone here has a data recovery program that works, I probably need to take it to someone who does.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)