AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Apple surpasses Microsoft - Market Cap
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

McCartman
Posted 5/30/2010 11:45 (#1218597 - in reply to #1218002)
Subject: Re: Apple surpasses Microsoft - Market Cap

As a former long-time Win user, it took me a good two weeks of steady use to get into the Mac mindset. Nothing really made much sense at first. I even went to a bookstore and bought a big-ass Tiger book to try and figure it out. Turns out the gal working at the book store was a Mac user and answered most of my questions. I bought the book anyhow and I think I referred to it twice. LOL Anyhow, once I was on track, another few days I had what I call my "Ah, ha!" moment when it all started to click. At that point, I discovered that I was overthinking everything. Windows is not nearly as user friendly as Mac is and I was trying to find the hardest way of doing everything like I was so used to in Win. One of the hardest things for me to get used to was window sizes. The Win community typically run their windows maximized - and there is not an easy way to maximize Mac windows. The Mac community typically run windows in an un-maximized size. Took me quite awhile to get used to that and now I run my windows that way on my Win machines.

Anyhow, the point I'm trying to make is when making the switch, a person just needs to be dedicated enough to keep plowing away at it until you reach that "ah, ha!" moment. Once I reached that point, there was no going back for me. Some people may never reach it - and if you never do, I just might be willing to buy that Mac off of you. I have some friends looking to switch and are looking for deals on used machines. Email is good! :)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)