AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

2 post auto lift-Concrete requirements
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Ed Boysun
Posted 5/3/2010 22:50 (#1184887 - in reply to #1184686)
Subject: RE: 2 post auto lift-Concrete requirements

Agent Orange: Friendly fire that keeps on burning.

So, do the cables run along the floor or are they in an overhead beam between the posts? If it's a baseplate lift with the cables along the floor, there is an incredible amount of uplift on the outside bolts when lifting something. I would be very concerned about the anchor bolts pulling out of a relatively green slab that hasn't had at least 6 months to cure with decent hydration during the curing period. My lift had torque specs for tightening the anchor bolts and the bolts are to be re-torqued at given intervals. You are right on the verge of pulling the anchors out of the slab when tightening to specs, or at least it seemed that way to me.

I also spent a lot of time getting the posts on mine as close to plumb and parallel as possible. Lack of parallelism will also greatly increase strain on the anchor bolts as the load is lifted. There have been pics posted here, of lifts that have had their anchors fail. Not a pretty sight, dangerous, and would be a real challenge to get the mess down to ground level.

2-Post hoist

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)