AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Which one of you called me crazy..... W
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Hayburner
Posted 3/20/2010 19:40 (#1128451 - in reply to #1128171)
Subject: Re: Which one of you called me crazy..... W

I read an article on this a couple weeks ago, and I agree with you...Palm has nobody but themselves to blame. I was a big Palm fan for a long time, and still use a Treo 700p, but my next phone will be a Blackberry. Palm stayed current for some time up til the 700-800, but then not only stagnated for awhile, but ignored problems with their existing customers. I choose to go with Blackberry rather than stay with Palm more because of their lack of support now.

Palm then seemed to be absent when the Blackberry came out and newer Blackberry versions were added, and stayed absent when the Iphone came out with their newer versions.

Now, releasing the Pre and the Pixi seem like toys marketed towards kids in comparison to Blackberry or Iphone devices. Yeah, I want to buy into a new Palm phone when it looks like they are circling the drain.

As for RIM going down the tubes....you're crazy. :p

In the article I read, RIM had 43% of the market. I don't see this changing real soon for a few reasons. Their phones are good, they do email well, and their security is such that they are often the only type of phones allowed in government agencies for official use. I never understood why other phone makers like Iphone never tried to compete with RIM with security.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)