AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Basic PC data to Apple question
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Hedge tree
Posted 2/13/2010 18:09 (#1073186)
Subject: Basic PC data to Apple question

Central Kansas
Using an older dell desktop now...really low on memory and time to upgrade. We have fiber optics and broad band now and I have storage space with an external hard drive....but the old babe needs RAM and the DVD drawer stopped working (won't open or close).

Question #1: I have some Word and more WordPerfect files saved to the hard drive. I can save them in Richtext if that would help. Some of these are invoice forms and other forms that would take a good bit of work to re-design with something else. If I bought an iMac....can I just download these files from the external drive (along with pictures...no music) and work with them on the iMac? Office for the Apple is an option...but I have heard there are 'free' downloads that will let you work with these formats and the bootcamp works with Word files...don't know about Corel WordPerfect.

Question #2: How to you save your e-mail addresses from the Outlook address book to an external hard drive? Would these then be transferrable to an iMac? This stuff bothers me...everyone thinks the Apple is the nuts but no one can tell me if this stuff can be saved without lots of trouble and software.

Thanks in advance.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)