AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Vista Ultimate to Windows 7.......
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

mlswaar
Posted 1/17/2010 19:35 (#1027400 - in reply to #1027332)
Subject: Re: Vista Ultimate to Windows 7.......

Mason City, IL
Omar, sorry, guess I'm a bit out of sorts tonight. Have to take the wife in for some GI test this week and am a bit worried. On the bright side, I see now where you are trying to help also. I am curious as to how you back up. Do you use winzip and do a back up manually or do you have a program that will back up once a week automatically by zipping your files? With this new machine a Mac. I am using it's time machine program for now to do backups. I am not using apples backup drive however. I have a 1.5 t Iomega drive using 800 firewire. Do you burn a backup to cd's every so often also and have you used or tried an off-sight backup program. I tried carbonite but it does not work with an apple yet. They are working on it but I was not able to get it to do what I wanted when one time I had my main computer crash. i thought, well I have a computer upstairs that is better than my office one so I'll just transfer the carbonite program to it and do a restore. I never did get it to work and gave up. I managed to get the bad one running long enough to make sure the files I needed were on my usb drive and got a replacement one up and running, so I'm not sure about it (carbonite) at this time. One reason I thought about the off-site backup is in case of a fire or something. Do you have any recs. on off-site? Can one send a data base or pictures to a relative (brother/dad) computer over the web? Just wondering how everyone else does backups? Mike
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)