AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Dawn single disk fert opener for nh3
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

joeatdawn
Posted 1/13/2010 14:48 (#1020662 - in reply to #1020524)
Subject: RE: Dawn single disk fert opener for nh3

What is the dollar value of 10% of the nh3 you want to apply because that could easily be the difference between average and good sealing. Look, a 3000$ injection coulter isn't going to be for everyone, that's fine. And the model 6000 is definitely not for people who want to strip an existing knife bar and convert it over ("Do you buy a Ferrari and put cheap gas in it?"), the 3000 series is for that. What our mandate is is to make absolutely the finest piece of equipment that can be made with a level of features you aren't going to find elsewhere. People want an ammonia coulter that will-

take low power
run at high speed
have large amounts of vertical travel
place nh3, liquid and dry at same time below the surface
run in heavy fall untilled corn stalks
run in loose conventionally tilled side dress conditions
run in very wet early spring conditions
seal 200# nh3 reliably in widely varied soil conditions
be able to smash against rocks all day
be able to penetrate wheel tracks

If this sounds easy or cheap to you let me know. I don't want to sell to everyone. John Deere is making a good product in the 2510H that will likely be the standard for the bulk of the marketplace. The Yetter product is obviously positioned below them and we are positioned above them. I want to sell to the select few of you for whom performance when it counts is everything. There are also quite a number of guys out there that I would refer to as nh3 "enthusiasts"- I want to deliver the cutting edge features these guys want. Keep in mind also that the model 6000 you are looking at is a proof of concept unit. The production units that will begin shipping in March will be even hotter.

Edited by joeatdawn 1/13/2010 14:49
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)