AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Windows will not load after installing SATA cd drive?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Jim1_ks
Posted 12/23/2009 16:28 (#981950)
Subject: Windows will not load after installing SATA cd drive?

South Central Kansas, Harper County
Ok, here's where it starts. My son built me a computer earlier this year, and it has worked very well. Only problem is I was using an old CD/DVD drive from my old computer in this newer model. The motherboard is a "nForce 780i SL1", whatever that means? Anyway he was home from college and asked him to put in this new cd/DVD drive I had bought quite some time ago. The reason I didnt put it in myself, is I found out it was for a SATA, and I did not have a cable. My son said no problem, as it had some cables. The old cd/dvd drive was connected with a IDE cable. Anyway, he does the install, boots the computer, and all seems fine until the windows icon just keeps loading, it will not load windows. We reboot, and same problem. So we go into Safe mode and use windows restore option to the previous day, but still have same results. He even unhooked the new cd/dvd drive completely, but that did not help, it still will not load windows. I can go into safe mode, but that doesnt do me any good. Son got mad and took off and went hunting, leaving me here to try and figure it out myself(which I am not very good at) Anybody have any ideas, please?
Jim
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)