AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

jd 3010 24 volt
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Jon Hagen
Posted 12/20/2009 00:47 (#975748 - in reply to #975637)
Subject: RE: Gerald I'm confused

Hagen Brothers farms,Goodrich ND
Not Gerald, but This is how it works.
The + and - ends of the 24V battery (2-12V hooked in series = 24V ) are not connected to ground, nor are the + or - terminals of the starter or generator.
All have insulated cables that carry the 24V system power, + and - without flowing through the tractor chassis parts as a ground conductor.

The 24V battery , 24V starter, 24V generator are completly isolated from the tractor chassis.

To make the 12V lights operate off this 24V isolated ground system, a small wire is connected to the cable that connects the batteries together at the rear.
This wire connects one terminal from each 12V battery to the tractor chassis.
This allows you to pull 12V from either 12V battery by connecting the 12V accessory to chassis ground and to the remaining post of each battery at the starter, then to the light and Ignition switch to power the 12V lights.

That little ground wire at the rear battery connecting cable, grounds a + post of one battery to chassis ground and the - post of the other battery to chassis ground, so one battery / starter cable is - ground to the chassis, while the other battery / starter cable is + ground in relation to the chassis.
Clear as mud ?? ;-) If I can find a drawing of this system, I will add it here.

Edit : Try this http://www.geocities.com/gwece/deere/

Edited by Jon Hagen 12/20/2009 02:00
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)