AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

antivirus
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Mike SE IL
Posted 11/27/2009 08:23 (#940328 - in reply to #938540)
Subject: Re: Trend Micro

West Union, Illinois

I use Trend Micro and have had good luck with it.
I used TM for a year and was very pleased with it.  I renewed my subscription and they updated my version.  The upgrade was horrible.  It consumed ... not used, but consumed ...the resources on my computer to the point it was unusable.  After trying several suggestions from their tech support I uninstalled it and my computer worked perfectly.  Did a reinstall and the computer virtually stopped.  I ended up removing it and asked for a refund.  TM refused.  I no longer recommend it to friends.

I've been using AVG and Avast and been pleased.  When I started with Wild Blue they gave me a free year of F-Secure, which seems to be doing OK.  Actually it was the best part of WB but we'll not get side tracked there.  I have never had a "varmit" problem since I started using F-Secure and it doesn't seem to slow the computer down.

My last computer came with Norton 360, and even though I have been less than pleased with Norton over the years (it too has been a system hog) this latest version seems to be doing well.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)