AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Iphone or Blackberry Bold 9700
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Ray (ecks)
Posted 11/29/2009 21:40 (#943331 - in reply to #935328)
Subject: RE: Iphone or Blackberry Bold 9700

I went from a blackberry curve on Verizon to an Iphone. Once we got the setting correct to do what I wanted, my gmail works fine. Basically I just wanted the phone to monitor what came in and be able to reply and wanted to have my outlook on my computer as my main email source. I believe my wife has her iphone set with her yahoo account to delete etc from the phone. I do know that gmail was free to set up, yahoo I believe has a small charge to be able to do it, not sure about hotmail.

I will say I think the iphone synchs a lot easier through itunes than any blackberry program I have ever been around. Simple and easy to set up and adjust what you synch. Only thing that I wish it did was download pictures that had been taken with the phone without having to do it like you would with a camera.

I would not worry about how they handle email, I think either will be fine. I lean toward the iphone because I like typing on it better than the blackberry and I can zoom in on radar easier to watch the weather. I also like some of the apps that the iphone has.

I love being able to carry a bunch of pics on it also, beats having tattered ones in your wallet.

My iphone will run out of battery power much faster than my blackberry did. Some days my bb would last all day if I didn't live on it, my iphone has a hard time getting much past noon.

Don't know about at&t but a Verizon corp. rep told my daughter last week that a week after Turkey day they were rolling out a whole new line of Blackberries. Did away with the track ball also. He told her to wait until she came back for Christmas and she could upgrade to the new one's and it would even have a buy one, get one free deal with them.

Check with your dealer, I know Verizon has a 30 day exchange program, get one and try it, if you don't like it return it. I know I did that with a Motorola Q before going to the Blackberry a couple years ago.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)