AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Google Voice?? Anyone familiar?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

cri
Posted 10/29/2009 09:49 (#904674 - in reply to #904508)
Subject: RE: Google Voice?? Anyone familiar?

central mo
I set it up ... it took about a month for my invitation to be sent to me after I "asked" for an invitation.

It's pretty neat ... I can see how, in the future, young people in the market for a phone number will use this. It'll be hard for myself to roll everything over to google.

Google Voice allows you to pick you're own phone number out of a pool of open numbers. Once that number is chosen you can configure it to forward all incoming google voice call's to any number you wish. ie: Only give out you're Google Voice number to people and then, no matter what phone number you are sitting at ... (cell phone, home phone, work phone, a friends phone, or whatever) ... it will ring if you've got it setup right.

Also, you can set it up so certain numbers are forwarded to certain voicemail messages. For example, you've got an annoying aunt or mother in law ... you can tell google voice to always forward her phone calls to you're wife's phone, or to forward them to a specific voicemail message.

Kinda neat ... And THEN, you can tell google voice to send you a transcript of that message to you're email ... And in my case, I could read that voicemail from gmail email account setup on my phone.

I see this having ton's of potential ... There's already a Google Voice application for the iPhone that allow's you to MAKE calls using you're Google Voice phone number.

Edit: I just figured out that you can RECORD any incoming call at any time by pressing "4" on the keypad during a call.

Edited by cri 10/29/2009 11:14
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)