AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Talk About Home Remedies
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Richardin52
Posted 10/28/2009 13:35 (#903471 - in reply to #903268)
Subject: RE: Garlic will kill the flu bug

Farmington, Maine
I can personally attest to the fact that garlic will defiantly stop or blunt the effects of flu.

A few years ago I had recurring athletes foot. My wife told me it was probably under the skin and that I should take garlic to kill it. I started taking garlic tablets and the athletes foot went away but when I stopped it came back so I started taking a couple tablets every day.

I was curious about why garlic work so well and read several books about garlic. There are something like 57 sulfur compounds in garlic and some of the compounds no one really knows that much about. I also learned during the black plague in Europe there was documented proof that a family that lived in a house that stored garlic that was located in the middle of a city devastated by the plague had no one that ever became sick from the plague.

Anyway that fall the flu was going around everyone in the family came down with the flu except for me. After that my son started taking garlic whenever he felt like he was coming down with a cold or when flu was going around. It invariably lessens the effects of the common cold and will at lease do the same with the flu.

HOW TO FIX IT

My brother takes a whole head of garlic and puts it in chicken soup.

I chop up a whole head and heat it in a pan with olive oil for about 5 minutes then mix that with linguini. If your using it to fight a cold also put in some red pepper flakes. This will help you sweat which also helps get rid of the cold. Be sure to put enough salt in the mix or it will not have enough flavor.

Do not take this much garlic raw make sure it is cooked.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)