AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

VT3 PRICE DROP
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Kadman
Posted 10/24/2009 08:55 (#897634 - in reply to #896769)
Subject: RE: VT3 PRICE DROP

The farmer could see this one coming. Local radio has been running dozens of "Genuity", "proud of the American farmer", and another Monsanto sponsored commercial. The Proud of the AMerician farmer started about a week to 10 days ago. Interestingly enough we are not in a smart stacks area, that agronomically needs it. Corn borer yes, rootworm questionable, depending which company you believe. I would argue M felt the pressure through lack of early orders, backlash from DSMs and territory reps because the customer feedback "by us" was so strong. I sell seed. In my geography I have asked my clients what they were hearing for prices, I have heard flat from Pioneer year over year, Up from D&A, and both brands I sell will be lower on a cost per acre including all programs, volume and cash discounts. The real action will begin as this corn crop struggles to come off and corn on corn acres drop to lack of fall tillage in the corn belt. COuld be some expensive inventory to start carrying over if this the fall that keeps on giving..
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)