AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

remove key from registry?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Chris
Posted 9/2/2009 19:45 (#833308)
Subject: remove key from registry?

East central Iowa

I tried to delete some Zone Alarm entries from the registry but it won't let me.  I've clicked on the entry and chose Permissions and set them to allow me full control but it doesn't work.

I exported the entire registry ( I think) and I wondered if I could edit that file in notepad and then replace the registry with that one?  I know I can edit that exported file but I don't know how to replace the registry with the exported one.

Anybody have suggestions or knowledge or something?

this is a long sad story.

Basically Zone Alarm goofed up a computer.  I tried to uninstall it but it wouldn't uninstall.  I tried to install a newer version and that didn't work either.

It turned out you had to set the computer date back to a time before July 15.  I found out too late. 

I removed everything I could manually and thought all was well.  But the computer will boot up ad work ok for a short time and then will no longer connect to the Internet with any browser.

I have Internet connection because I can ping sites.  But neither IE or Firefox will display anything.  They time out.  Now remember when we first start the computer you can run a browser and get on the Internet.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)