AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Soil Moisture monitoring
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

SEOHfarmer
Posted 4/26/2024 18:02 (#10719098)
Subject: Soil Moisture monitoring

I am looking for a soil moisture monitoring system. I have been using a Davis instruments station piggy backed onto my weather station but it isn't supporting enough sensors for my needs. Has done ok and learned a lot, just needing more monitoring locations on one system.

I am wanting a system that can log all of the data to be able to study trends in comparing temperatures with soil moisture and such. Wanting it cellular /cloud based so that I can monitor it all while at work at off farm job as well. All fields are within line of sight and less than 1000ft from where base station would be located. Looking to monitor 8-10 locations at any one time.

As a little background, we are a fruit and vegetable operation utilizing both drip and overhead irrigation. Some crops are long term such as blueberries, raspberries, and asparagus. While some are annual crops such as pumpkins, cole crops, strawberries, etc.

If anyone has any sort of suggestions of brands to look into, or companies who supply such technology, I'd greatly appreciate it.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)