AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Making a start to 2024 Garden
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

AR Plowboy
Posted 4/26/2024 09:09 (#10718482)
Subject: Making a start to 2024 Garden

East Central Arkansas

We finally got around to making some real start to the garden Tuesday and Wednesday. I don't know how I ever got a garden put in when we were still farming raising soybeans, corn and cotton in the past. There have been several days I past on starting as I just didn't feel the weather was right yet and there has also been plenty on other projects needing done to keep us busy. We got a good soaking rain yesterday of about 6 tenths. I hope it didn't run the soil together too bad for seeds to come out. Rain forecast for the next several days so if it warms on up stuff should be trying to come up soon. Looks like the onions that have been planted for over a month are beginning to grow some but still haven't grown like I think they should have. We got our small garden corn patch of Golden Bantam sweet, Stowell Evergreen sweet. Also some of the old field corns. We have Truckers Favorite White, Hickory King and Reids Yellow Dent. Also one popcorn I am trying.

The next day some of the more important things. We planted okra, snap beans and squash. Also cauliflower, broccoli and cabbage. Then a small cantaloupe and watermelon patch. Already have a few tomato and pepper plants growing.

Edited by AR Plowboy 4/26/2024 09:11
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)