AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Electric/hydraulic issue with Fast sprayer
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 4/21/2024 08:42 (#10714307 - in reply to #10714057)
Subject: RE: Electric/hydraulic issue with Fast sprayer

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I had a Fast 3 Point sprayer on a Deere 8120. It sounds like I had the same hydraulic control box with several switches.

I had a minor problem each Spring when bringing it out of storage. My problem was different but might be related. I was not able to get the booms to lower after they had been unfolded from their cradles. With my sprayer, orifices and accumulators were involved in that hydraulic circuit.

I found that if I carefully loosened the fittings on the troublesome cylinders slightly to allow some oil and air to leak out, that I could get the cylinders to behave properly. I would cycle the cylinders through their full length of travel and then retighten the fittings. Itt would be good for that season. The next year, I had to repeat the process.

I concluded that air had entered the system during the off season when the wings were resting in their cradles. The leak was extremely small so I didn't notice any leaks in normal operation. Air doesn't move through orifices like oil and thus caused them to "lock up".

This doesn't fit your symptoms but is something to keep in mind.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)