AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Agfiniti
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 4/20/2024 03:07 (#10713072 - in reply to #10712987)
Subject: RE: Agfiniti

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
As I understand this there is Ag Finiti and Ag Finiti Mobile.

It is my understanding that either or both can be use with an iPad. Only Ag Finit (not mobile) can be used with an iPhone.

Having two apps with some overlapping features and varying costs can be confusing.

I use Ag Finiti Mobile in a very basic but useful sense. I use it on an older iPad Pro. I do not pay an annual fee. The app was free. I do not need Internet access. I do not have all the capabilities that I could have but find it very useful.

We use an InCommand 1200 in the planting tractor to work with seed, spray and starter fertilizer. The InCommand 1200 gets moved to the Hagie Sprayer where it controls the spray system. That InCommand gets moved to the combine for harvest.

The iPad with the Ag Finiti mobile app is carried in the planter tractor, the Hagie and the combine as the season progresses. The InCommand communicates directly with the iPad app through a connection called a Soft Access Point. This uses the WiFi "radio" equipment but the connection is direct between the two devices so the Internet is not used in my situation. The iPad and the InCommand 1200 need to be reasonably close to each other (same cab).

When a field is completed and the operator switches to the next field, the InCommand sends the information about the previous field wirelessly to the iPad app. When this is completed, the iPad app can then create its own maps with various views, totals etc. This information is retained in the mobile app for later use. The operator can force this transfer before a field if finished is the operator should desire.

Once the information is in the mobile app in the iPad, it is available for various uses. I literally take the iPad with me for Insurance and Government reports as it contains the various maps, totals, dates etc. involved with those operations. The iPad can be hand carried for field scouting. The varieties planted, spray treatments etc. are available and visible as the field is scouted. Notes can be added at any time about specific problems. Pictures of a weed or problem can be taken and tagged with their location. I can hand carry the iPad into my office where it can wirelessly connect to my office printer to print basic maps. I do not have the ability to analyze the maps as deeply as I could with SMS but they are very useful for varieties, spray treatments and yield information.

Since the internet is not involved, I cannot use all the features that a full fledged subscription fee using the Internet would provide but I'm very happy with the results.

As far as what memory size is needed to run Ag Finiti Mobile on an iPad, I'm not really certain. I went with a fair amount of memory to be on the safe side but I have never come close to using all my memory.

If you have an InCommand or Integra and access to an iPad, I'd suggest giving it a try. If you don't have an iPad, maybe a friend would let you try theirs. I buy my phones from a refurbished place and have been happy with the results as I don't feel I need all the cameras. The refurbish places often have iPads at reduced prices.

Here's a link to the source where I've got my refurbished iPhones. There are others. My iPad has the cellular option but I don't have nor need a data plan to use the mobile version of Ag Finiti. So my yearly cost is only the cost of printing reports.

https://www.backmarket.com/en-us/l/apple-ipad/f78ae8f5-4611-4ad0-b2a...

Edited by tedbear 4/20/2024 03:17
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)