AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Raven console cable pinout - no voltage to flowmeter TEDBEAR!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

ILSODGRWR
Posted 4/19/2024 06:04 (#10712265 - in reply to #10711798)
Subject: RE: May not like my suggestions but just do it

Kendall County, IL
tedbear - 4/18/2024 18:03

In order for the Raven or any spray controller to display the rate per acre, it must first compute the Area/hr and the Volume/min. It can then perform the calculation as far as Rate/acre.

This is exactly how we used to do this ourselves. We would estimate how much land we had covered and estimate how much spray we had used and divide. This is exactly what the spray controllers do except that they do it constantly while we are spraying.

There are keys on the bottom row that will show those items. These keys can be very useful, yet the majority of folks don't have a clue what they mean.

Go out and spray. While spraying, push the Area/hr key, you should see an indication of how many acres you would cover at that speed and width in one hour of spraying. Next push the Vol/min key this will show how many gallons are passing through the flow meter each minute.

I will absolutely guarantee you that one of those values will be zero. This will allow us to focus on the possible sources of your problem. Go out and do what I suggest and post back. I'm not going to waste a bunch of time on people who ask for my advice and then don't follow it.

Sorry to sound harsh but just do this. Many times people ask for my advice and then they end up not following it or arguing with me. Don't go there.

Volume/minute shows 0, Area/hr was showing 40 for the speed i was going
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)