AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Polaris 570 vs 850
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

HuskerJ
Posted 4/17/2024 11:18 (#10710054 - in reply to #10709692)
Subject: RE: Polaris 570 vs 850

East of Broken Bow
For trail riding, a 570 is adequate. Heck, I know a guy with a 500CC side by side that can go anywhere anyone else can, just not as fast.
The BIG thing to look at, IMO, more than engine CCs is overall machine size.
Many ATV/UTV/SXS makers make different 'frame' sizes (for lack of a better term). 570 seems to kind of be the breaking point between the smaller framed and larger framed units. From what I've seen, MOST manufacturers will have the 850 on a larger framed unit, giving you a little more seating room, and with a little longer wheelbase and a little wider stance, it will generally feel more stable. Also, the larger framed units are usually rated higher as far as payload and/or towing.
That said, the smaller units take up less space, and are lighter and easier to haul around. My cousin got a 500CC side by side because it can (just barely) fit into the back of a full size pickup box with the tailgate shut. Another guy got a 750, and not only will it not fit in his pickup box, it won't fit his little utility trailer he had for hauling around his ATV, it is too wide.
I guess I just used a lot of words to try and say that power is only a part of the difference between the smaller and larger ATVs/SXSs, so look at all aspects of them. Also note, that some trails are starting to put size restrictions in place and some of the really big units (like the 1000CC SXSs you see) are not permitted.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)