AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Incommand 1200 switch box?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 4/14/2024 07:59 (#10706113 - in reply to #10705686)
Subject: RE: Incommand 1200 switch box?

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Shop Teacher is correct. The Jump Start switch is just that, a way to Jump Start your hydraulic meters in the fairly rare cases where you need to. If for some reason you needed to stop midfield, when you start planting again, there would be a gap. If you back into a corner, drop the planter and drive forward there would be a gap. By pushing the Jump Start switch, you are telling the system to start turning the seed meters at a speed they would be turning at a certain ground speed right away

Once the "real" speed shows up and exceeds the Jump Start speed, the system switches back to using it as usual. This means that when pushing the jump start switch and having the jump start speed set at 4.5 MPH, the meters will be turning at the correct rate for 4.5 MPH. If you are only travelling 3 MPH, the planting rate will be a bit heavy but this is generally more desirable than having a gap. This area of over population would not be very long as you would quickly get up to normal speed.

So to avoid this bit of a problem with possible over population, do not stop mid field unless necessary. To stop and check for depth/population, compete the pass and stop on the headland and walk back. There are times when it is absolutely necessary to stop mid field so use the Jump Start switch in those situations.

You mention using the Master switch on each end. This is not necessary since Auto Swath will be watching for the Headland passes or point rows that have already been planted and will control the sections for you.

I think of it like this. The system constantly checks several inputs to decide if a section should plant or a spray section should spray. These inputs include the Master switch, the section switch, the implement switch, Auto Swath, Rate not zero etc. If any one of those inputs says "NO" then the section will be instructed not to plant or the spray valve not to open. So by using the Master switch you are voting "NO" and no sections will plant. That doesn't hurt anything but is not necessary since Auto Swath is voting "NO" when you get to the Headland. Using the Master switch after Auto Swath had shut off the sections and turning it back on again before resuming planting wouldn't hurt anything but should be unnecessary.

When spraying the same thing applies but I do often flip off the Master there just to throw in a "NO" vote of my own to prevent surprises if a boom should swing out over a neighboring field. I had this happen when my Headland spray passes were not exactly in agreement with my Boundary.

After Auto Swath has shut off the booms, I often flip off the Master myself as I turn around and then turn it back ON when I get straightened out, the Auto swath can instruct the boom sections to come back on as it sees fit.

Edited by tedbear 4/14/2024 08:07
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)