AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Spray Record Keeping with Kestrel 3550AG
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

SpartanFarmer
Posted 4/3/2024 10:01 (#10691932)
Subject: Spray Record Keeping with Kestrel 3550AG

SW Michigan
Is there any 3rd party app made for spray record keeping that can use a kestrel weather meter?
I bought a Kestrel 3550AG weather meter last season. Very happy with it. Spray around a lot of sensitive and high value crops (fruits and vegetables) in SW Michigan. The android phone app is okay. I like being able to also write in notes or otherwise the field and products I am spraying. It also lets you put pictures in the app. The issue is, exporting all this is a bit clunky and it only can spit out a .csv report that is missing all my notes. A pdf or email export only does some things but not everything as far as notes and pictures.
Of course it is doing what it is supposed to do, export the weather data, but it really makes more work to figure out where, when, and what application goes with it, without keeping separate notes on paper, or in another app etc.
I will admit to being a poor record keeper. In the heat of the season, I make the excuse I will stop to write things down at the end of the day or on a rainy day. But you can guess how good that works. The only way to make sure I do it, is to keep it simple and easy and quick. The Link app for Kestrel does pretty much everything I need, but it would be nice to be able to export all this information seamlessly and have a nice one or two pager per application that has field, gps location, notes on products/acres etc, pictures, and all the pertinent weather data I want.
Any suggestions?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)