AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Do you have grain on DP? Market audio comments
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

davy crockett
Posted 4/3/2024 06:26 (#10691631 - in reply to #10691614)
Subject: RE: Do you have grain on DP? Market audio comments

i dont think pudent use of dp as somehow rouping the system. its a tool . my elevators rarely offer free dp and when they do its usually mid-summer. this yr they offered free dp cray early in january. my coop has 14 locations and my local site was the very last to have the free storeage until september policy, because theyve been tight full since harvest. i think its a matter of them having the space available and getting the farmer to haul in a more orderly period and not slamming them if the market rallies a buck in june or panic hauling in august when everyone is making room for new crop.

another elevator i go to at forest city (who is merging with gold eagle by the way) had a building full of beans a couple years ago right at harvest that was farmer owned beans and that was them paying storeage right into new crop harvest, God`s way of telling them they had too much money.. paying commercial storage into new crop harvest with beans in the teens :-)

a elevator cant selling the grain until the farmer actually pulls the trigger, so technically i just dont see the benefit to the particular coop, outside of locking it up that it doesnt get hauled to a competitive facility.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)