AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Manure Samples Analysis
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

JoshG
Posted 3/25/2024 10:25 (#10679422)
Subject: Manure Samples Analysis

Having an issue trying to find out why my manure analysis has been cut in half and any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated. Our manure results were always pretty consistent averaging around the 50N - 25P - 35K range. Since the test last fall we are now averaging 30N - 14P - 20K per 1,000gals. This happened very suddenly as well manure test spring of 2023 were normal but by fall, they were cut in half.

Back Story - I have 2 - 2,000 head pitted finishing hog barn with curtains and pit fans. 2 years ago we were forced to switch companies whom we contracted the hogs from which then meant we had to switch where the feed was being delivered from.

What we have tried - We have taken 30 different manure samples both using a probe pre hauling and also after the pits have been agitated while hauling out. We have sent the samples to 2 different testing labs. We have gone to another site that feeds with the same supplier and receives the feed from the same coop and their manure tested much higher and normal for them. I have gone back for the last 5 years, and we are getting the same number of gallons per year from the barns and also went back through the water usage and there has not been an increase in usage. Pit covers are in good condition and all pits are at the same manure level. Like I stated above we are getting the same gallons per year so fairly confident it is not a water issue.

Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)