AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Top is in the land market (look out down below)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Baby Robin
Posted 2/26/2024 20:15 (#10641217 - in reply to #10640855)
Subject: RE: Top is in the land market (look out down below)

Fontanelle, IA
Deltamudd - 2/26/2024 14:10

I was talking to my dad about the prices of grains and how I worry it may drag out a couple of years. Worried about if I should get out of my contracts for corn and what not. He said “the only thing you need to worry about, is making the biggest yield possible. And if that doesn’t work and you run out of bullets, charge at them and throw your guns at them but just don’t ever quit “

This idea of getting out of your land or in and out , as if it’s even liquid, isn’t the right mindset for land ownership imo. You just gotta make it work I think. If you’re buying quality farm land on a 30 year note or whatever I hope you aren’t expecting 30 years of sunshine and rainbows.

If you bought the absolute top and can’t make the payments then that’s not good. I’ve been told however, you gotta do whatever it takes, even if that means “peddling pencils on the street corner”

And theres “more money to be made in ‘cants’ than ‘cans’”

“Moneys in the real estate, farming just pays the bills”

I’m not saying I have the constitution for it, but I guess I’ve known a man intimately that has, and this defeatism mindset youre spouting isn’t it.

We’re all still awaiting (patiently) the biography you need to do about the man above!!!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)