AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Basic checkbook program
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 1/18/2024 15:45 (#10581076 - in reply to #10580559)
Subject: Success I think

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I was finally able to find a copy of the previous version called Money Plus which is really old. I was able to install it and restored my current data from my backup file. It appears to work at this point.

It seems deceitful that many of the links promised a free version of what I really wanted but then took me on a ride implying that I had to use their product to get the program and then I still didn't get it.

One problem with it seems to be that I can't switch to the printer that I really want to use. I can use either of my two printers in other applications. Money seems to be locked onto one of my printers that I really don't care to use for reports. My other printer is not listed in the printer choice menu within Money. I would also like to increase the font size a bit. I can increase the font size in general but not within this version of Money.

I have found a workaround that shouldn't be necessary. In the printer section of the program I can choose the Inkjet which I prefer not to use. Another choice is to print the report as a PDF. If I print to a PDF, I can later open up the PDF and choose to print it. Then the Laserjet is a choice and if I choose it, the report is printed as I desire. This is a bit of the "long way round" but I don't print too often so it's tolerable. Surprisingly the former computer which was Win 10 (the current one is Win 11) would show the Laserjet as a printer option within Money.

Thanks for the other tips.

Edited by tedbear 1/23/2024 10:53
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)