AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Pioneer internet
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

trippjn
Posted 7/6/2009 12:23 (#767185 - in reply to #765631)
Subject: RE: Pioneer internet

North Central Oklahoma
Used to have Pioneer Internet when we had a Lamont address. At the time I refused dial up. We were able to get another family to go together for DSL and they laid it for us. It worked beautifully for several years until we moved.

The real kicker was when we got it. If we could get another house to sign up they would lay down DSL. I got the required participants and called Pioneer and had it set up to be done. Days went by and nothing was being done. I called after a couple of weeks. They tried hard to back out of their agreed obligation. I signed up at 1:00 P.M. and at midnight that same night, corporate in Kingfisher put out a letter through out the company for no more rural DSL. I got ours within just a few hours. I was able to force them to their obligations and it was well worth it.
The bad part was they were $10.00 a month higher than their agreed price. But I was happy to have DSL at $39.00 a month even when they tried to back out.

I think that AT&T has a satellite Internet that you can take on the go with a lap top. I have zero experience and have heard it is pricey.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)