AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What do you think of this camera?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Omar
Posted 6/13/2009 18:26 (#743985 - in reply to #743642)
Subject: RE: What do you think of this camera?

Elmira, Ontario

I haven't looked at that camera. But wow, those are some set of specs. Will it identify weeds too?

My take, the Nikon dslr cameras have a very good reputation. The point and shoot cameras have been bettered by several other brands in many cases. I'd seriously look at Fuji, Panasonic and Canon and see what they have that is comparable.

For me, what's important are startup time, quick focusing and quality pictures in lower light (evening sports, parties, school gymnasiums). Oh yes, and if you can figure out the menus and controls. No sense having all the features if you never use them.

The super zooms like you're looking at usually compromise something. Picture quality is probably average, and of course they are bulkier. Since they don't fit in a pocket, the question is whether you should go right to a dslr (say the D40 with a mid range zoom like the 18-105VR) for not a lot more money, but better pictures in adverse conditions. Or go the other direction and get something with less zoom range, but will fit in a pocket.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)