AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Must be a lot of amateurs out there
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

McCartman
Posted 5/30/2009 14:41 (#727659 - in reply to #727216)
Subject: Re: Must be a lot of amateurs out there

Omar - 5/29/2009 21:35

Funny how your advice pretty much mirrors the troubleshooting advice we tend to use in the Windows environment. That really is my point. The only Apple device in our house has proven to be no more reliable than the MS computers here.

It sure beats the old days of playing with autoexec.bat and config.sys (with multiple versions kept on floppies depending on which program you wanted to run).

The advice on resetting the ipod - yes, you are correct. It is the same as I propose for the Windows slow-down issue. The difference is, you plug your ipod in, click a couple of buttons in iTunes, and let it do it's thing. 10 - 20 min later, you are good to go. Formatting and reinstalling Windows takes a couple of hours and requires a person to sit there the whole time to complete the task. However, if you cannot answer any of my troubleshooting questions, I find it difficult to feel too sorry for you. You don't say how old the unit is - perhaps the battery has gone beyond it's useful life and needs to be replaced. Maybe you simply got a defective ipod - Apple would have replaced it, no questions asked. Resetting the ipod is a quick, easy task and just might solve the issue - try it. So is updating to the latest software. 

It is not difficult to find recent statistics that show Apple buyers lead the pack by a wide margin in customer satisfaction. Go to this address and scroll down to see the "Customer Satisfaction" graph. I doubt you'd want to see statistics on the iPod vs Microsoft's Zune...

http://www.changewave.com/assets/alliance/reports/consumer_spending_20090218press/pc_20090218pr.pdf

As for the 2nd statement I quoted you on above - I couldn't agree with you more on that!  :)

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)