AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Finances between you and your spouse or sig other, or family members?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

oldbones
Posted 2/9/2019 16:58 (#7309502 - in reply to #7307444)
Subject: RE: Finances between you and your spouse or sig other, or family members?

Floyd County, Iowa
Not sure if this is what you're asking, but here goes.
I'm 62 and my wife is 61. We've been married 43 years. We've both always had full time jobs in town. For 15 years, she worked at school, so had summers "off". We also had small kids back then, so even though she wasn't bringing in a check during summer, we didn't have daycare expenses. She had time to do gardening (we had a large garden), mow yard, do things with the kids.
We don't have separate money. Never have. It's ours. Sometimes her income is above mine, sometimes mine is larger. Doesn't make any difference.
We sort of divided our home "jobs" up a long time ago. I pretty much take care of the farm and most stuff outside. Wife takes care of household. I think I got the better deal, 'cause if I had to take care of the house, cook, clean, etc, I'd be in trouble. She thinks she has it better, 'cause if she had to take care of the farming and machinery, she'd be in trouble.
When something needs done, whichever one can get to it does it.
Point is, not all contributions are monetary. We just help each other when we need it.
I think when the "yours" and "mine" (in reference to money) come out, it's not a good sign.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)