AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Finances between you and your spouse or sig other, or family members?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

sammyd
Posted 2/9/2019 04:08 (#7308061 - in reply to #7307444)
Subject: RE: Finances between you and your spouse or sig other, or family members?

Stratford WI
I am on my second marriage. First wife was a stay at home during the day, party all night type, left me with 3 kids and plenty of financial troubles.
Second wife is far different. She got a job a year after our boy was born.
We both have our own paychecks and bank accounts. We have the bills split up so that each covers what they can afford.
When we went farming we started a joint account and still have that one but it isn't used much.
If something happens like a job change or if we decide to finance something we shuffle the bills if needed.

As far as kids, we told them that if they stayed in the house we would charge them rent but so far that hasn't happened. The first 2 moved out fairly quick although number took a job on a road crew welding, and stayed here on an occasional weekend, but he's found a place to rent. The third kid hasn't left yet but is working on it.
I wouldn't expect any of them to move back in totally and would not really be happy if they did especially if they had a family. We try to get rid of the old beds and fill the bedrooms with stuff so there isn't any room for returnees....
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)