AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Driving trip from central Illinois to Florida West Coast
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

centralillinois
Posted 2/4/2019 16:15 (#7296723 - in reply to #7296584)
Subject: Never, never, never.....

.... drive through Atlanta during rush hour. I got back Saturday from Naples and made sure we got through Atlanta before the Super Bowl rush hit. We got through a little after noon and it was starting to get thick. I talked to someone in Naples that got stuck in traffic for four hours on the way down from New York. The last week of December is bumper to bumper from Chattanooga to Naples so don't ever make that mistake. Depending on how long you want to take going down or back you might consider stopping at Nashville for a breather. We stopped on the way home Friday night and it was well worth it. Naples is nicer and more pricey than Ft. Myers but stay where the friends are. When we were there some of the federal parks were closed due to the shutdown but you might want to go on a tour to see gators, birds, snakes and varmints. If you're really brave or nuts you can go on a kayak tour and get up close and personal with the gators but knowing my luck I'd get the kayak with a hole in it. Women love fifth avenue in Naples but don't stay long. You can tell the money on that street wasn't made farming. A millionaire doesn't have a chance in that neighborhood. Buying a tractor wasn't as painful as buying dinner and walking through the stores in that area. Last week the pool was 85 degrees while the wind chill at home was -50 so it was a good time to break up the winter. I was glad I shut the well off at home but the furnace hung in there and all is back to normal. The fish is fresh in Florida and they know how to prepare it so skip the beef for awhile.

Edited by centralillinois 2/4/2019 16:17
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)