AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ever seen or experienced things you can’t explain?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

havin'funfarming
Posted 10/31/2018 12:00 (#7075760 - in reply to #7075425)
Subject: RE: Ever seen or experienced things you can’t explain?

Manitoba, Canada
Be forewarned this is a long post.

I’ve been visited and got advice from a couple of people I knew who had passed on. I shouldn’t really say it was advice, it was to tell me of something that was going to happen in the very near future. It wasn’t a visual thing, it was just a presence. Its hard to describe but it was as though they were there telling me in real life. I’ve hardly told anyone because how do you describe an event that was only a voice and a feeling? Who would believe it anyways? There’s no point.

I’ve often wondered how to best describe the situation of people that have things like this happen. The best I’ve come up with is this. If I were to meet a second person and talk I could go up to a third person afterwards and tell them what the other person said. The third person wouldn’t even question that the other person talked to me. The only difference when something like this happens is that the second person was what we call dead. It is no less true. It is no less valid. But it is a lot more unbelievable.

Partially because of these experiences I went to a night where a group of “ghost hunters” for lack of a better word were taking the public on an interactive night at an abandoned sanitorium. That’s a place that was used to keep tuberculosis patients separated from the public to prevent the disease from spreading. Most of the patients died there. It is well known locally to be haunted. Many things were claimed to have happened to individuals that night but if I didn’t experience it personally I was determined to remained skeptical. I wanted proof. We were given their various tools and shown how to use them and we explored the various buildings on the site.

One device was claimed that the dead could communicate from beyond the grave by blinking lights in response to questions. We would ask for one blink for yes and two for no. There were some apparent reasonably long interactions. The skeptic in me figured that it could be remote controlled and one of the individuals could be in on it. I didn’t discount it, but there was a possible explanation.

Another time we walked to an old grassy area where there used to be a building. A lady beside me was carrying a recorder in an attempt to capture voices (EVP??). Voices that we couldn’t hear but the recorder apparently could pick up. I was a foot away from her and as we entered the area a very loud and clear “hello” came from the recorder. It was loud enough that we all heard it. Because I was right beside her I watched as she looked at it and it was still set to record. Again though, this was their equipment and they could have done something to the recorder to make that happen. I again didn’t discount it, but there was a plausible explanation.

Later on we went to the building where the criminals were kept. This part is a little freakier. There was claimed physical altercations that happened there to the ghost hunters previously so we could only open the door. They wouldn’t allow us to enter. Supposedly they did something to the doorway to prevent them from coming outside. I was beside a girl that I grew up with who was also in the tour. I didn’t know until that night but she claimed that she saw ghosts all her life. BTW, there was two ghost hunters that accompanied us because they felt this area was dangerous. The girl I know whispered to me where all the ghosts that she saw were in the building. The ghost hunter told the group where the ghosts were and they were in exactly the same spots. Many of the movements of the ghosts were told to me by my friend before the professional hunter told us. We were in the doorway for probably 15 minutes when my friend jumped and yelled that they were coming around the building. The ghost hunters looked and claimed to see them also. We were told to hurry down the ramp to gather on the old church site for protection. People behind me were screaming because they were apparently getting pushed. When we got to the church site my friend was terrified. She kept looking around and claimed the ghosts were surrounding us and that a bunch of ghosts were climbing the trees all around us. I asked her what she actually sees and she said they look just like people to her. She said she could see their eyes and facial features and everything. The ghost hunter then also told us that they were surrounding us and climbing the trees. Oh ya, I also asked my friend how they climbed the trees and she said they climbed them the same way as we would. Eventually they apparently left and it was safe to go back to the main building.

I never saw nor felt anything from that experience so the skeptic in me has to admit that it could all be fake. However, it was local people being pushed when nothing obvious was behind them and my friend quietly told me many things before the hunters told the group the exact same thing. The only explanation is that many locals, including my friend, were in on it. That is extremely hard to believe.

To cap off the night my friend asked me to give her a ride back to the local camp ground where she was staying and because she had experienced so much the ghost hunters wanted to do some sort of extra cleansing on her to make sure nothing had attached itself to her so we were the last to leave. I felt real uneasy walking to my car to bring it to the door to pick her up. But that’s to be expected because of the atmosphere that night. I dropped her off at her camper and as I passed by the sanitarium on the way home I heard a couple of clicks behind me. When I looked behind me the back of one of the middle row seats was reclined as far as it would go. To this day I don’t know if I should have gone back for them to investigate if something was along for the ride. I wonder if that was why I felt so uneasy walking up to my car that night. But that can be explained by the creepy atmosphere of the night. At the time I felt that my friend would have picked up on it and I didn’t feel threatened in any way. Perhaps one of them was just saying bye. I have no idea.

Edited by havin'funfarming 10/31/2018 12:09
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)