AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Minnesota 83% G/E Ha yeah right
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

jdironman
Posted 7/2/2018 22:46 (#6847458 - in reply to #6847126)
Subject: RE: Minnesota 83% G/E Ha yeah right

Nw Iowa
I think renville and Martin county are some of top producing counties in the state. I don't know how Renville county is but Martin county is pretty tough. A lot APH's in the 210-220 here that have made 20 bushel over that last couple of years on whole farm averages. we have corn that still has potential of 200+ on non drown out areas and late planted corn that I question after last 14 in of rain if it will make corn unless frost is late. Late planted corn about 20-25 % of corn planted and early about same %. Rest in between. It has to stop raining here to get some spraying and nitrogen on and to get some color back into corn. If it does stop raining for too long corn is so shallow rooted that it will not take any heat or wind is going to blow it over. Honestly is worst I have seen our area look in 25 years. Not a exaggeration Beans where non drowned out aren't pretty and behind but much better than corn. It is not enough to affect national market but a big enough area that should affect mn corn ratings.
Correction forgot to mention redwood county also. Martin county produces the most corn for size of county and is in top three but Redwood and Renville produce more. Good post above on mn corn production by county.

Edited by jdironman 7/3/2018 07:49
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)