AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Drive by just dosen't do it....drone does.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

paul the original
Posted 6/27/2018 13:07 (#6837331 - in reply to #6837144)
Subject: RE: Drive by just dosen't do it....drone does.

southern MN
I didn't see you're later edits or comments, I kinda left the conversation after your initial comments which appeared very flippant.

Your original post was a little like watching child abuse happening, and saying well I didn't really see it clearly, and the bruises don't really look all that bad, so overall everything is wonderful..... ha ha ha......

Statistically you might be right, but to that kid getting smacked or that farmer whose field looks like these, it is another slap in the face.

I'm glad I'm not a machinery dealer in my area, there won't be need for extra combine or hauling capacity, and certainly some belt tightening as well.

Perhaps you could have more carefully separated your statistics from your careless comment of not seeing any bad crops because you were in the dark when you got to those places.... that sounded like a bad joke at our expense. Ha ha you dumb suckers, your fields are terrible so I timed it out not to look at your crap! Kinda the feel of what you said.

I don't think you meant it how it came out, and I enjoy your comments around here.

You just had some unfortunate timing/comments that hit some down people pretty hard.

I'm out flying the drone for friends and relatives the past couple days that want to see the problems and plan tile for the future. Every one has hung their heads and said oh my, it is so much worse than it looks from the road. Typically the road has a roadditch that dries out/ drains the first 6 rows, and in behind that the stunted yellow crap begins, and crosses most of the field. Frankly, it is depressing to fly their fields and then see their reactions. I feel kinda down from it.

My area is heavy on tile, we have miles of ditches and public tile and private tile criss crossing the fields.

All the water you see in these pics has 24 to 42 inch tile under it as a main ditch. It has been running full for 3 weeks now.

The less watery pics but lots of yellow have a lot of tile into open ditches, it just can't keep up.

If you are from a dry climate, you just can't understand how miserable and devastating these conditions are. We've been through it before. The good looking corn has stunted root system, the N is being used up right now instead of when the ears fill, and on and on. We will see a lot less corn that the pictures would indicate 'now.' The 'pretty' corn won't be by fall either.

You really stomped on a raw nerve.

I understand that wasnt your intention, just how the conversation played out.

Paul
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)