AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

CUB CADET Lawn Mower
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

soya257
Posted 6/6/2018 22:45 (#6798612 - in reply to #6798334)
Subject: RE: CUB CADET Lawn Mower

cainfarmer - 6/6/2018 20:43

They are made by MTD. We have a 1046 also with the belt jumping off problem. On ours the idler pulley with the handle and spring was always running crooked. I welded a bracket this afternoon to hold it where it should be. That should fix the problem I hope.

If you take the spring off the (standing at the back) left idler pulley and get one at least 2"shorter and put it on that one it will fix the problem , as the belt will not get tight enough with the long spring to stay on and jump off.
I guess also you can put on a smaller belt , as that will work also.( I just happen to have some smaller springs laying around)
Also the one that has one that won't throw the grass out it will also solve that problem, as the belt is to loose to run the blades fast enough.
Ours now will throw the grass out far and cut the grass the best it ever done and the belt will stay on.
I read where if you cut 3/8 of an inch off each of the two idler pulley brackets it will solve the problem ( which it didn't).
The pulleys are just tin and bend out of shape very easy.
The rest of our Cub Cadet is 110% , just the top of the is junk and cub cadet service where I live is totally out to lunch.
We buy our belts and oil filter at another dealer that sells MTD mowers.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)