AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Gas or electric fireplace? Vented or unvented?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

IHFarmerMN
Posted 5/28/2018 09:45 (#6782490 - in reply to #6782457)
Subject: RE: Gas or electric fireplace? Vented or unvented?

Red River Valley
VENTED!!! Gas Always. Also it should about a 15,000 BTU unit. A 35,000 BTU will take the room to 90 degrees in about 10 minutes, so you don't get the satisfaction of watching the fireplace. I was recommended this from other owners that only have them with the high setting. They never use their fireplaces.
We have a high and low on ours, if the power is out when you need heat you have the option for the 35,000 BTU. Otherwise we have it on the low setting and it fires up for quite a while before it shuts down and it is a very pleasant to sit in front of with our tv mounted over the mantle.
Hillfarmer is correct, the houses are built so tight now that drafting can also be a problem, ours has a 2 way chimney so the firebox can get outside air. to help the drafting issues. It goes straight out the back of the fireplace.
Our whole setup ended up being about $4400.00, but I still like it.
I'll send a bill for the consulting fee. LOL
PS; It should also have a remote thermostat with battery memory, so it is useable without electrical power. Our furnace went down and we used it for our main heat for about 2 months.

Edited by IHFarmerMN 5/28/2018 09:59
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)