AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Up north Wisconsin pictures
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Steve NW WI
Posted 5/27/2018 14:15 (#6781112 - in reply to #6780845)
Subject: RE: More questions on Barrens area

Star Prairie, WI
If you've got time to kill up this way one day, I recommend a ride on the Taylor's Falls Queen/Princess. They run a few times a day in the summer and besides the scenery, the tour guides are good at local history and geology. While you're across the river, the TF Drive in on the north end of town has good food and root beer floats.

I've spent a good bit of time hunting up in the Barrens, I even got a firewood permit and hauled about 10 cords of oak home a pickup load at a time after the big wind storm up there a few years back. The fire lanes are usually fairly passable, but some can raise heck with a paint job. There's a fire tower up on the Polk/Burnett county line I always wanted to climb and get some pictures, but was never sure if it'd end with a ticket I'd have to pay.

Lots of lakes down in my area, I'm straight north of Cedar Lake. I should probably take more pictures, but it's easy to take the scenery around you for granted. I always enjoy pictures from other areas, especially the guys here that spend winter enjoying the desert southwest. There's a lot of great places in this country, some I've seen travelling, some I still need to see, but it's hard to imagine living anywhere than up here. It truly is God's country, when it's not -30 or snowing a foot in the middle of April.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)