AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

syngenta corn settlement
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Keith Mudd
Posted 5/15/2018 08:12 (#6761279 - in reply to #6761237)
Subject: RE: syngenta corn settlement....question

Monroe City, MO

Ron, I think this is the real deal. I was one of those who signed up as a plaintiff with a law firm and filed an individual suit. I was told it would not be a class action. Looks like that wasn't true but, I understand because there were so many suits, the court probably had no choice but to let everyone in. 
The "fairness hearing" is standard in class actions. I think only lead plaintiffs can object to the settlement but that may not be true. There will be a settlement because this figure of $1.51B is a number Syngenta agreed upon. Note that this is just the amount for producers. The elevators, ethanol plants and others will get settlement from a different fund. Lawyers will also be paid from another fund. So under your scenario if only two producers remain in the suit and follow through then yes I think they will receive the entire amount. I will be one of them and I pledge here and now that I will buy all NATer's the best steak dinner you've ever had once the check clears the bank!
I was a lead Plaintiff in Starlink so some of this is familiar to me. Additionally, the attorney I've retained has been very good with keeping his clients up to date. 

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)