AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Eddible marijuana? Anyone tried it?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

pat-michigan
Posted 7/21/2017 08:51 (#6139832 - in reply to #6139088)
Subject: RE: Eddible marijuana? Anyone tried it?

Thumb of Michigan
I haven't, have a few friends who regularly use for pain control.

Here's where I get lost, and I suppose all I need to do is ask. One friend just adds marijuana to whatever she wants to-usually baked goods- and gets the job done. She has told me she has to be careful, she can end up with a buzz and thats not what she wants to do. But it can happen.

Another friend used to smoke marijuana in the 70's. Got so he didn't like it at all, didn't like the feeling he got from it, didn't like that he got fairly confused. And paranoid. I do believe it affects different people different ways. He's had multiple operation to fix multiple maladies (knee's, elbows, feet, shoulders, broken neck. He's worn himself out, 50 yrs of construction work) but he was always able to get ahead of the pain, and he's always seemed to recover. Couple years back, he had an entirely different can of worms show up. Started to have seizures. Discovered that he has a genetic disorder in his brain, there was some bleeding going on and some other stuff. Only long term fix was an operation, and they don't all go well. So, my buddy's brother ( a medical marijuana user and grower) did some investigation, and they decided he could somehow do some sort of process on marijuana, my buddy could add it to food, and he wasn't supposed to get any of the side effects he was concerned about. It was all done under the watch of his Dr in Michigan, as well as one at Mayo Clinic. Long story short, he got significant relief from whatever it was they were doing- seems like they processed marijuana into an oil of some sort- and he never got high either. This wasn't a long term fix, but it did buy him a lot of time before he eventually went under the knife. They were able to help him tremendously, but it may not be a permanent fix. His Dr at Mayo has suggested that he continue to use whatever it is that his brother is making for him, he believes it to be an appropriate course of action.

I could find out exactly what it is he's doing if someone is interested, my emails good. Its not that I'm promoting it, only saying that I do know it seems to be effective in both cases I mentioned. I live with sometimes a significant amount of pain, but I've never entertained marijuana for myself. I still have a CDL, that goes away with a medical marijuana prescription. And, it goes away without a prescription if I get stopped and "pee dirty".
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)