AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Will the border wall effect labor for vegetable/livestock farms much?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

redoak
Posted 1/28/2017 20:28 (#5801019 - in reply to #5800884)
Subject: RE: Will the border wall effect labor for vegetable/livestock farms much?

sw ontario
Now_What - 1/28/2017 20:20

Redoak maby the tax laws and farm receipts are a little different in Canada but there is no reason to hire illegals in the US because the companies buying produce are not paying farmers in Cash.

With labor costs in the thousands of dollars per acre that's a big cost not to pay legally and take that expense deduction.

I wonder the same thing as personally I have seen guys with $50k cash in there farm safes.......so I don't know whether its fair to say that there is a lot of unrecorded "cash " transactions or maybe worse are some laundering money as we are talking about guys with $100-500 mil. or more in sales..... now paying cash to workers with no paper work would get around Workers comp. ins, UI ins, CPP but if somebody got hurt or killed.......greenhouse guys here build bunkhouses and workers come on 8 month work visa's......at least 3,000 workers in the area...so far there has been little crime issues with any of them.... constant ads for help in paper but locals won't do the work.....I feel sorry for these guys/gals that have too leave there families for 8 months a yr. to better there lives and so I can eat fresh peppers,cucs,tomato's yr. round
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)