AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

If there is any question where price inflation went..........
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Tileman2
Posted 1/13/2017 07:43 (#5764521 - in reply to #5764306)
Subject: RE: Sat likes to talk about: "They're leaving, they're leaving" but.....

NW IN
History is a funny thing. When one studies the economy it quickly becomes apparent that it is a series of ups and downs. Cycles, in a word.

The biggest issue that I see is that as the economy grows, so "grows" the cycle. Bigger moves, both up AND down. When the "experts", and I use that term with tongue planted firmly in cheek, tell me "but it's different this time", I want to run...not walk...run!

The Hedge may have some kooky stuff from time to time, but a lot of the economic insight is contrarian, only from the "expert" (there's that word again!) perspective. I'm with John Burns...I'm no Hahhvaahd economist, but it appears to me that that entire group of lemmings has it wrong. So wrong in fact that they are willing to dig in their heels and run this bus off the bridge just to prove that they are so much more intelligent than those of us in flyover country.

Not sure how one changes a mindset that is so ingrained, yet so wrong. Just think about that for a moment...the same wrong-headed people, teaching the next generation the same wrong-headed thinking, over and over and over. It is not a question of if, but only when the current cycle busts. When betting on the cycle, I'll take the side of history every time.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)