AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Basis bid going into summer
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Sat
Posted 12/31/2016 15:29 (#5734761 - in reply to #5734701)
Subject: RE: Consider this

Buxton ND
Totally agree CRJ, last summer it was just sell it off the combine as there was not Jack at the time to carry to March. It was why flat price store it for nothing ? ? ? Selling off the combine does not mean right of the combine. Combine/cart/truck/dryer/bin/truck it to to where ever any prior to Dec 1stish and November weather was awesome hauling weather. Not 20-20 marketing either, no carry to March was discuss last summer. This was drowned out by the drought talk. Why unearth anyone would store corn from harvest til March for only .04 ? ? ? Why ? ? ? You answer that question in your own mind and write in your dairy dated 12.31.2016.

IMO the best local corn basis is in the rear view mirror, it happened Labor Dayish. Best E-bid was was -.35 July to KK plant. This is a point in case of futures DOWN, basis UP, old school marketing even in the new world of ethanol.

REWARD A STRONG BASIS is something I've heard since I a kid.
I've added many times get those strong basis level of 3-4-5 years out of your head NOT going to happen with a 2.4 bb + or - carry.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)