AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What does farming do to you?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

hf213
Posted 10/16/2016 20:29 (#5585170 - in reply to #5584050)
Subject: RE: What does farming do to you?

With harvesting and trucking in grain these past two weeks and dealing with stupidity on the road, I probably had the worst potty mouth a Christian could have , in the cab that is :-)

but in answer to your question, no...I think it makes the Christian values stronger.

Like others above said...seeing seed grow, having faith and hope ( those are the toughy one's ) , praying for rain, or praying to stop ! praying the equipment keeps running, praying to make enough money to pay the bills, but the good things too, seeing an animal being born, seeing your kids grow up and starting to do the things and act in ways to make you proud because they are being raised on a farm ( and then getting complimented from others for it ). However, though, its seems to be getting less and less as the generations continue.

I have friends that work in other professions, some are closer to God, some not so much, but I think I can generalize and say that my farmer or Ag related friends, family, and business associates, have closer Christian values than not. I will say that this is somewhat biased, as I personally do not know anyone who is not Christian either.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)