AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Follow up on the ranch for sale post. Investment /AU......
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

daddycal
Posted 10/4/2016 18:52 (#5563901 - in reply to #5563797)
Subject: RE: Follow up on the ranch for sale post. Investment /AU......

Montana
I want the property tax to be based on what people pay for the land. Montana Ranch land at $100 per acre takes three acres for an AUM and the disaster payment per acre in the best insurance plan I have seen, Will pay $6 per acre for total loss.
So I calculate that an AUM is $30 because there is water and fence maintenance and pasture management expense. If someone has enough money to pay crazy high prices for the land then they need to pay taxes proportionate to what they were willing to pay for the land.

Rich people buying up land but not living and contributing to commerce, income taxes and community involvement and service, are really messing up the communities in Montana,

If everyone who owns more than $150 thousand dollars worth of Montana Property, need to pay income taxes on any money they make anywhere in the world. That would cause them to contribute somewhat as a citizen of our State, We only have one congressman and if we made owners of part of our state be residents, we probably would have at least two.

There is my property tax Rant :)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)