AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

air seeder cart position ? Front of behind?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Glenn W.
Posted 10/26/2006 00:04 (#55190 - in reply to #54918)
Subject: Re: air seeder cart position ? Front of behind?

Southeast Washington
For School of Hard Knock:
I may have a picture on the camera but not on the computer of harvest. I don't take very many. We run level land R 72's on the hills also. If you look in the background you can see we also pasture the steep stuff.

For John W:
We have a Case IH outfit although the seed tool still has Concord stickers on it. The drill currently has Anderson openers on it but will be looking at others when time to replace. Any suggestions? I am located in Dayton towards the Blue Mountains.

Hopefully I can attach a picture of the one we used in Spring of 2004 that got us to even thinking about shanks and air drills and if it would work on the hills. The John Deere had 4 big coulter disks on it to hold it on the hill to keep it from drafting down the hill. The picture doesn't show how steep it is other than at the top of the picture on the horizon is where the flat ground is. The grass eyebrow is very steep.

Our Case IH drill has opening coulters on each seed opener and they help keep the drill in line on the steep hills. The Challenger has the hydraulic swinging drawbar on it to make uphill turns possible even under load.

For the thread, our area would need a tow between cart but if it was flat country I would look at a tow behind just to be able to see the seed tool easier. I haven't got a camera yet.

(Deere air drill and tractor 4-2-04 sm.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Deere air drill and tractor 4-2-04 sm.JPG (68KB - 578 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)