AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

I have a question for .....
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

agfarms
Posted 3/31/2016 21:29 (#5213568 - in reply to #5213500)
Subject: RE: I have a question for .....

NWPA
If I am going out it gunna be growing what I want. : )

Need some corn for livestock. Have some farms can't grow beans on. I do have more wheat then well....ever. Last I had wheat was 09. Have 25 percent of my acres in wheat this yr.( nice fall for that here).

That all said if I sold everything right now corn is still a bit better. Now one thing with corn IMO is it takes a bit more management. Esp COC. Beans seem like a plant them and hope crop. A dry augest and poof bye bye beans. Here. Corn on the other hand two farmers with the same ground can very 30 bu on the same ground with different management (here). So I like corn. It's tells you if you did a good job or not come fall.

Side note. Somtimes we as farmers complain we are price takers but we have a lot of control when we market the crop. So we are not truely just price takers. Now I am terrible at marketing my own crop but I could probably do better marketing someone else's. Sometimes wish I was a true avg price taker. Just take the avg for the yr and roll on. Catch the Carry for my bins on corn and forward the beans in through the growing season. But such is life.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)