AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

$34 Million on soybean processing, in Afghanistan? ASA?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

NCfarmer
Posted 3/8/2016 20:32 (#5164269 - in reply to #5163876)
Subject: RE: $34 Million on soybean processing, in Afghanistan? ASA?

Aurora, NC
Qualifier: I currently serve as president of the NC Soybean Producers Association. It is a unified board representing ASA and QSSB duties.

I have not heard of this project and would be highly upset as well with such a project. Really am unsure of ASAs involvement since they don't have that kind of money and that's not really their thing. ASA does not handle check off dollars, USB does. While we as a state can't control what ASA and USB decide to do since we are just a few votes, we do control our state check off dollars. I have a very strong conservative board behind me that has not been on a spending spree during the last few years of high check off revenue. What we are laser focused on is using that money to increase profitability on NC farms. We are funding research on problems growers are seeing as well as looking outside the box to find profitable changes in current production systems. We have put in place a plan to use the associations website to become the go to site for grower research information that can be updated almost daily. With full implementation we will be in contact with every grower in the state on a consistent basis and not just a booklet once a year.

There was a move a few years ago to try and put the two groups together but it failed, thankfully. I have not heard of such a move again.

Jeff

Edited by NCfarmer 3/8/2016 20:39
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)